Search & Win

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Tucson Trip

THE SPECIAL GASTROENTEROLOGIST:
Today Bentley had an appointment with the gastroenterologist in Tucson, talk about the most POINTLESS thing EVER! She has weighed 16 lbs for about the last 5 months so her doctor wanted to get her checked out to make sure everything was alright inside her little body. We knew it was going to be pointless because she is a PERFECTLY healthy and active baby, but what do you do.

So what this "SPECIALIST" did was weigh her (which by the way she weighed 18 lbs), ask me questions about her diet and then listen to her stomach, for a total of 5 mins! And then he says to us "She looks good to me but we'll have you come back in 4 weeks so that we can weigh her again on OUR scale." HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, you're kidding right!? You seriously want us to drive 2 hours to have our baby weighed...wow...so not happening.
So pretty much I'm just annoyed by the whole thing because I just don't understand what he did that Bentley's doctor here can't do/hasn't already done.

Z ZOO:
Anyways, we didn't want to waste a perfectly good trip to Tucson so we decided to take Bentley to the ZOO. I had never been to the Tucson Zoo before, it was small but perfect for Bentley because towards the end she was getting tired and grumpy. She seemed to have fun though, she would just stare and check out the animals and a few time she got scared if an animal made a sudden noise. She's a funny girl.

We didn't get very many pictures because most of the time Brodee was video recording it, so here are the one's I did get.


BENTLEY & DADDY


OUR ATTEMPT AT A FAMILY PIC...I DIDN'T GET THE MEMO TO LOOK DOWN.



CRUIZIN'! ALL THE LITTLE KIDS WANTED HER CAR!

SEEING EYE TO EYE WITH THE GIRAFFE

6 comments:

Sharron said...

Hey Turkey! I wish you had let us know you were coming and we could have met you at the zoo! The grandkids love to have new cousins! The pictures are cute, how could they not be, huh?

All of our kiddies love that zoo, actually all the grownups do too. Lots of shade, lots of places to sit down and not too long to get through it! The animals are way more active in the morning, too bad you couldn't get there early.

Stephanie Clites said...

I'm happy about the car. way better than sitting in the stoller

Sharron said...

I love our little zoo here too, because you can see the whole thing before the kids are tired. It's nice and shady too! Call us next time you're here and we'll get all the kiddos together. If you're ever here on a Wednesday morning the zoo lets the kids feed the giraffes at 10:00. Take care...oh, this is Mariah, I'm on my Mom's computer. :)

Summers Family said...

At least nothing was wrong with her! I got yelled at everytime Rachel went to the Dr. because she was always in the 5th percentile... hahaha... I think that's just a way to say their are way too many FAT babies in the world! She's still not "where she should be", but she sure looks like she's growing fine to me! I want to take Rachel to the Tucson Zoo! We went to the PHX Zoo when she was right around 1... she liked it, but the animals are all too far away to see them. Maybe we will have to take her this summer!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe that's all the stinkin doc had to say to you guys! we'll if nothing else, now you have peace of mind! I'm so happy you got to take Bently to the zoo, I love the Reid Park Zoo. I must say it's one of my favs, cause you can totally see all the animals, it's not so huge that you have to walk 15 miles to see each animal. How fun!

Heather said...

Hi Taryn! What a cute family you have :) Glad things are going well for you!

Soundtrack of my Life